Hance Scarborough represents businesses of all sizes, industry groups, and individuals in judicial and arbitration proceedings in both State and Federal courts. We handle matters from pre-lawsuit representation through final judgment.
Hance Scarborough’s litigation experience covers all types of disputes, including but not limited to:
• Breach of contract
• Construction disputes (representing general contractors, subcontractors, owners, and surety companies)
• Employment disputes (including defending wrongful termination claims, theft of trade secrets, and covenants not to compete)
• Environmental disputes (including appeals from state agencies such as the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the Railroad Commission)
• Governmental litigation (including open government lawsuits and claims of ultra vires conduct)
• Partnership disputes
• Water related litigation
One of the distinguishing characteristics of the firm is that it represents both plaintiffs and defendants, thus working to maintain excellence on both sides of the docket. The firm has found that this intimate knowledge of how both sides of the system work proves invaluable to our clients.
Hance Scarborough provides numerous services to help our clients attain their litigation objectives, including the following:
• Pre-lawsuit case assessment and analysis
• Aggressive representation before all state and federal courts of the State of Texas
• Decades of combined experience in literally hundreds of trials and other legal proceedings
• Commitment to the client and the client’s ultimate objectives